Daily Reads

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Same old, same old...

I'm still job hunting, but hoping to hear in a day or two about a long term temp position I was interviewed for last week.  It sounds like something I could do very well, and which I would find interesting, and which just might turn into a permanent position too.

Meanwhile I'm getting ready to take the third of four exams in my summer accounting course, and just as that one finishes up start the Technical Writing class.  I'm planning to take the second accounting semester this fall as well as the one on accounting programs, which seems to focus on Quickbooks, which is what an incredible number of jobs want you to have knowledge of, even if it's an admin assistant job.

This whole job hunt/too much time on your hands/too little money in the bank thing has been old for way too long already.  And then I get to talk to people who've been looking for two years compared to my seven months.

The economy is terrible.  CT's economy is one of the worst in the country, and this section of CT is the worst in the state.

Yay.


No comments: