Daily Reads

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Politics

I'll come right out and say that John McCain was not my choice for Republican nominee. I really wanted Fred. But Fred had this bad habit of refusing to make campaign promises that he cwuldn't have been able to keep if elected, and since false, unfulfillable promises are apparently what the American people want, he didn't stand a chance.

*sniff*

But I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face and sit out the election.

Obama scares me. He seems to have no grasp of reality. Today he said "Just this past week, we passed out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee, which is my committee,..." inspite of the fact that he is not, nor has ever been, a member of that committee.

So we either have
a) a man who states what he would like to be true as true, and who then believes what he's said to be true simply because he's said it,
or
b) a man who knows that what he says is a lie, but doesn't care, because he either doesn't think he'll get caught or else doesn't think the American people care if it's a lie.

Or perhaps it is some combination of the two.

Of course we say some of the same behaviours in Hillary Clinton, what with her dodging sniper fire and other tales, told simply because if true they would have made her look good.

Do we really want a habitual liar, whether or not he believes these falsehoods, as president?

No comments: