Daily Reads

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

And the idiocy and/or evil keep coming....

We've got il-'liberal' 'journalists' and 'bloggers' outing conservatives who dare to disagree with them, publishing their real names and contact info on the web, and then claiming that by daring to express an opinion on something, you should expect that sort of thing, shouldn't you.

I don't work real hard at concealing my private info, but then I do blog under a pseudonym too.  Do I really want someone who disagrees with my opinions on the Common Core (crap educational philosophy, "enshrining mediocrity") or the 2nd amendment (I have the right to defend myself, and criminals should have to worry about safety on the job), or the PPACA (designed to push us to 3rd world status medically and financially), or any other issue for that matter, to be plastering my face, my name, my contact info, and, even more inappropriately, my family's names, faces, and locations, all over the web, with implicit and sometimes explicit suggestions on what should happen to me and mine, because I had the temerity to not agree with my self-appointed "betters"?

Right now we've got some guy named Greg Flynn, whose associated with Moving North Carolina Forward, which tries to get Democrats elected, going after members of a group trying to abolish the Common Core standards.  This included publishing one bloggers name and info, claiming that it was out there already.  Except that aparently the videos and/or photos he's talking about don't have her name on them.  He figured it out somehow (he used to work for the state, perhaps he still knows some people?), and put the info out himself, which is totally the same thing according to him.  And for folks to object to this is bullying, although threatening people by his side, is just fun and games.

Right.

And then there's the whole story that's been going on for over a year now of Brett Kimberlin, Neal Rauhauser, and Bill Schmalfeldt.

I've been following this over at The Other McCain, Allergic to Bull, and Hogewash, as well as the Patterico's Pontifications and PopeHat.  It's an amazing (*not* in a good way) story, and even more amazing is just how much these trolls have gotten away with (not that I want to be offensive to real trolls).  Kimberlin would seem to be a pathological liar, not surprising in someone who was convicted of perjury, and his current pastime seems to be conducting lawfare against any and all who dare to point out his past history, which involves conviction as the Speedway Bomber.  Apparently it's slander and libel to call him that.  And even mentioning him online can bring up charges that you are stalking and/or harrassing him.  Although there seems to be plenty of evidence that this is simply projection on his part, "accuse the accusers" being a staple of his repertoire.

And Bill?  Wow. That man is just plain bugnuts.  Batshit crazy.  Bonkers.  There really must be some mental illness there, or at least I hope so, because one hates to think that there are people who really enjoy being so evil.  And evil is indeed the best adjective for those two. At least if he's mentally ill, there's always a chance for healing.  If it's just evil, I'm afraid that he's likely past any chance of salvation.

I'm sure there's a long post about how the current cultural zeitgeist lends itself to people like this, but I don't have it in me now.  Maybe later after I've thought about it for a while....




No comments: