Daily Reads

Monday, October 10, 2016

Crud

I've posted about spraining my foot back in July. It's was 12 weeks ago yesterday. Today I had another follow up appointment with the podiatrist because it's still hurting, and any footwear with even the slightest raised heel makes it worse. It's not too painful padding around the house barefoot, but days when I've had to hike around a few stores?

They took some Xrays and apparently two of my long bones (metatarsals?) look odd so they've ordered an MRI so we can see if it's natural, the result of an old injury, or if I'm still dealing with a bad bone bruise. Looking the stuff up on the internet isn't encouraging. Supposedly most bone bruises heal within two to three months, but some can take up to a year. Since I'm almost always an outlier (absolute text book which no one ever is or way past left field) I'm psyching myself up to be told that I'm one of the year-long healers.

As I said, crud, and maybe worse crud.

No comments: