Daily Reads

Friday, May 01, 2015

June 4th

I got my surgery date today, June 4th. That gives time to finish this semester and get myself, and hopefully the house, ready for me being functionally one armed for the following 6 weeks or so.  I've got a pre-op appointment on the 13th to sign the paperwork and find out exactly what the doc is planning to do. The surgical appointment manager started reading and after the second item said "and a lot of other stuff". There's some debridement in there, and opening stuff up to remove the impingement, and shaving some bone off the clavicle (?), etc., etc.  It will make a lot more sense when the doctor explains it, especially since she knows exactly what she's talking about so she can explain it to me.

I also need to learn to recalibrate my personal pain scale.  The ribs have hurt since the car accident in 1990 and I'm so used to it, I don't even notice it most days unless something makes me think about them (like writing this). It hid my gall stones until it was so bad I ended up in the ER with it (and surgery four days later). I've also been told that defining a 10 as "makes you pass out" isn't considered realistic. So I guess I just need to start taking my original number and adding 2 to it.

So, I should enjoy being able to blog right now, because starting in June I won't be doing much since I don't have voice recognition software on this thing, and the thought of having to type everything out one handed? Ain't happening.


No comments: